Saturday, June 15, 2019

Dear Dad


Dear Dad,

Today is Father’s Day, and it’s just as hard as I thought it would be. I didn’t even think about the fact that it’s also my Father’s Day to be with my girls, all I could think about was that you aren’t here for us to see. I can’t believe it’s been a month already. Each day I keep waking up waiting for someone to tell me this has all been a bad dream but now it’s over. A few days ago mom, Corina, Monica, McKall and I went to the temple, but I know you already know that because I know you were there. It was a really good day, even though it just wasn’t quite the same without you physically sitting right beside me.

My girls are missing you like crazy. We just bought a new house that we will be moving into next month, and the first thing Lily said was “I just wish we could call and tell Papa.” I told her that you already knew, and that I know you had a hand in making sure we got the house we truly wanted. I’m going to miss being able to have you help me with things around the house, so you might need to whisper some instructions to me from time to time since we all know I’m not good with those things like you were.

We watched the Stanley Cup Final cheering like crazy for the Bruins for you, but unfortunately they came up just short to the Blues, just like the Stars did. The girls were super bummed but I told them there is always next year.

The NBA finals were one of the weirdest I’ve ever seen with the Warriors losing pretty much everyone but Steph to injury and then losing to the Raptors. This offseason looks like it will be one of the craziest we’ve ever seen, and I wish so badly I could talk with you about it. The Celtics situation… well let’s just say we’ve seen better days, especially now that Anthony Davis has been traded to the Lakers. I know, I know, don’t even get me started.

The White Sox are doing better this year than in years past, and I have a hard time not sending you a text every night about something with them, like when they came back from 4-0 to beat the Yankees 5-4 a few nights ago.
With football coming up soon, I told the girls we are officially now Colts fans on your behalf. I bought the girls all matching Colts shirts and I have my Peyton Manning jersey ready for Sundays. It’s not like the Bucs have given me a reason to cheer in the last 15 years anyway, but now cheering for the Colts will be even more special.

We are all still having a hard time, but we have each other for support, and we will take care of mom. Brock especially is doing everything he can to make sure she’s taken care of with everything she could need. You taught us well, and we won’t let you down. I know you are doing way more important things right now on the other side, and people there need you. It doesn’t make it any easier for us back here for now. You truly were a giant among men, and meant so much to each and every one of us. I miss you so much, and wish I could still talk to you every day, but for now this will have to do.

Happy Father’s Day Dad
I love you!
Dallas

No comments:

Post a Comment