Thursday, April 26, 2012

NBA playoffs predictions

Since my NHL playoffs picks are doing so well (shaking my head) I figured I might as well look even smarter and pick the NBA playoffs. I'll keep it pretty short and sweet

Spurs over Jazz in 5 - Congrats to the Jazz, they showed a lot of potential for the future. I like Derrick Favors a lot, but the Jazz have no chance barring any major injury to the Spurs. San Antonio has been the most consistent team all year, and their biggest strength (3 point shooting) is the Jazz biggest weakness. If the Jazz would've matched up with the Thunder, I honestly think they had a chance, but this series will be over quickly. The only question is how long it will take Jazz fans (Steve) to start blaming the refs for the losses. Jazz have a bright future, but not this year.

Thunder over Mavericks in 7 - I don't trust Russell Westbrook, but the Mavs are too old to pull off the upset
Lakers over Nuggets in 5 - Praying for a huge upset here, but I don't see
Grizzlies over Clippers in 7 - Grizzlies are just a better overall team than the Clippers outside of Chris Paul.

Bulls over 76ers in 5 - Even without Rose, Bulls are way too good for the Sixers
Heat over Knicks in 5 - Hope I'm wrong and Miami gets pushed, but I think the Knicks are highly overrated
Pacers over Magic in 4 - No Howard = no playoff wins
Celtics over Hawks in 6 - umm, yes

Spurs over Grizzlies in 5 - These two teams are not the same two that met last year when the Grizzlies upset the Spurs. San Antonio gets revenge in a big way

Thunder over Lakers in 7 - Again, I don't trust Westbrook, but I think Durant will take over this series and Ron Artest (I refuse to call him his other stupid name) will get thrown out of at least one game.

Celtics over Bulls in 6 - With a healthy Rose, Bulls win. They still might without, but I think the Celtics experience helps them take out Chicago

Heat over Pacers in 5 - Lebron will dominate Indiana every game, and the series won't be close.

Spurs over Thunder in 7 - San Antonio gets it done on home court in game 7 as Westbrook finally comes unglued and shoots 3/19 and single handedly destroys the Thunder's chances.

Celtics over Heat in 6 - 2 months ago I didn't even think the Celtics would make the playoffs. Now, if I was being completely unbiased, I'd still pick the Heat to win this series. But the fact that I honestly wouldn't be shocked if Boston were to upset them gives me enough to pick them to win. Miami doesn't have anyone to guard Rondo and he has repeatedly torched them. Boston gets it's revenge from last year

Celtics over Spurs in 6 - Spurs are the better team, but Bostons defense will be able to do just enough to bring home banner #18.

Go Celtics :)

No comments:

Post a Comment