Saturday, January 14, 2012

NFL Divisional Round

I got 3 of 4 last week, although I'm still upset at myself for picking the Bengals; should've known better. This week there are two games I'm very confident about, and two that I am completely torn, but after last week I am all in with picking with my heart the rest of the way. That being said, here goes:

49ers 22, Saints 20 - I think if this game was in New Orleans the Saints would win by 20. Even though San Francisco isn't exactly the coldest place on earth, the Saints are just a different team away from home, and the Niners defense is going to force Drew Brees to make some mistakes he hasn't been making. The MVP of the Niners this season, David Akers, makes a late 50 yarder to win it.

Broncos 31, Patriots 27 - This is another one that my head says can't happen. The Patriots beat Denver a month ago by 18 in Denver. This is in Forborough, and the Patriots usually find a way to win big games. Like I said though, I'm picking with my heart, and my heart very much wants the Broncos to win. In my opinion, for that to happen it will come down to two things. If Denver can take care of the ball and not have any turnovers, they will have a good chance to control the clock and keep the Pats offense off the field. The other thing that must happen is Denver has to find a way to get pressure up the middle on Tom Brady. If he has time to throw, that offense will kill the Broncos all game long. Pressure Brady, don't turn the ball over, and this crazy improbable run continues another week.

Ravens 20, Texans 17 - This game comes down to one thing: Joe Flacco. If he doesn't screw it up like he has the past two playoffs, the Ravens win this game and might win it easily. If Flacco has turnovers, the Texans could pull the upset. I'm banking on the Ravens just giving the ball to Ray Rice 30 times and not giving Joe the chance to lose it.

Packers 34, Giants 17 - I think this game will not be as close as people think. The Packers have to be the least respected 15-1 defending super bowl champs of all time. They have been far and away the best team in football this year, and Aaron Rodgers is the best QB in football. The Giants have been running their mouth all week after stomping the pathetic Falcons, but now the butt kicking will be against them. Rodgers will play near perfect, and the Packers defense will force a couple Eli turnovers and the Packers roll.

This time next week I expect (and hope) to see a Ravens-Broncos and Packers-49ers championship weekend. Only time will tell.

Til Next Time,
Dallas

No comments:

Post a Comment