Sunday, January 22, 2012

Championship Week picks

I went 2-2 last week, not so good. I wasn't completely surprised by the Broncos game, but the Packers game shocked me. I thought they would come out firing on all cylinders. This week I am once again going to go against the majority. Everything I have seen this week has the Patriots and the Giants rematching from 4 years ago. I am going opposite that and taking the Ravens and the 49ers. Guess we will know in just a few hours, but I'm saying that Super Bowl XLVI will be the Harbaugh Bowl.

Ravens 31, Patriots 27 - I know that the Patriots offense is fantastic and the Ravens have looked pretty bad against mediocre teams even, but I love the way the Ravens match up with the Patriots. They will be able to get enough pressure on Brady to force him into some mistakes, and Rob "caveman" Gronkowski will have his first bad game of the season and the Ravens pull the upset. The only thing I can see screwing this up is Joe Flacco. He seems to wilt under pressure and if he has a couple turnovers, this game could be a blowout the other way.

49ers 20, Giants 17 - This game will be a lot of hard hitting, probably 4 or 5 turnovers, and will end with Alex Smith leading the Niners down for a game winning field goal from the never aging David Akers.

Til Next Time,
Dallas

1 comment:

  1. I honestly don't know how these games will turn out. I could see it going either way.

    ReplyDelete