Saturday, November 12, 2011

NCAA picks week 11

So this week all I have wanted to write about is what is going on with the Penn St scandal, but I haven't been able to put into words exactly what I want to say. I will hopefully get that done over the next week. As for my college picks this week, I'm going to do what I should've been doing all along, only picking the important games as well as the local games. No more LSU vs Tennessee Tech etc. That being said, here we go for this week:


#7 Oregon 38, #4 Stanford 34 - I hope I'm wrong about this game because I want there to be as many unbeaten teams as possible to help mess up the BCS, but I think that Oregon is just too fast for Stanford. Andrew Luck will have to be phenomenal for Stanford to have a chance.

#19 Nebraska 31, #12 Penn St 10 - I think the beginning of this game will be very emotional and intense and Penn St players will play at another level, but the problem is, they just aren't very good and won't be able to sustain it for long. Nebraska weathers the early storm, and pulls away in the 3rd quarter.

Utah 27, UCLA 13 - Utah is finally on a little bit of a roll, mostly because of weaker competition, but the Utes have shown that when they don't turn the ball over (Jon Hays) they can compete with anyone they play because their defense is so strong. I think that continues today, strong defense and a nice game from John White should make for a fairly easy game against the Bruins.

BYU 44, (insert crappy WAC team) 3 - I'm sorry BYU fans, I just can't make a serious prediction when your team isn't playing anybody right now. Hopefully BYU's schedule gets a lot better after this year, but for now, at least you get to watch them win.

Utah St 34, San Jose St 23 - Utah St played inspired after the loss of Chuckie Keeton last week, and I'm interested to see if they can sustain that. The Aggies are much better than their record, they just need to learn how to finish games. Last week was a big step forward, and I think they will keep it going this week.

No update to my heisman picks from last week. Look for my pro picks either later today or tomorrow morning and my Penn St story sometime next week.

Til Next Time,
Dallas

2 comments:

  1. So Boise St/TCU is not an important game?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry, Boise St 44, TCU 20 - I just dont think TCU can slow down the Broncos on the smurf turf.

    ReplyDelete